By Jessica Thornsby
Plan, layout, and construct attractive consumer interfaces in your Android applications
About This Book
- Take an preliminary inspiration for an Android app and advance it right into a distinct plan, supported via sketches and wireframes
- Provide a greater event in your clients by means of following top practices and the recent fabric layout principles
- Work extra successfully and keep time through trying out your rules at an early level through development a prototype
Who This publication Is For
If you're a Java developer with a prepared curiosity in development gorgeous UIs in your purposes which will hold shoppers and create nice studies for them, then this publication is for you. an outstanding wisdom point of HTML, CSS, and a few grounding in Android improvement is assumed.
What you'll Learn
- Develop a consumer interface that clings to the entire center fabric layout principles
- Transform your preliminary app suggestion right into a concrete and special plan
- Add perspectives, ViewGroups, layouts, and customary UI elements in your personal Android projects
- Use fragments and numerous ideas to collect person input
- Create a brand new Android Studio undertaking and strengthen it right into a prototype
- Identify and clear up issues of your app's UI to convey a greater consumer experience
- Start attending to grips with the hot UI beneficial properties bobbing up in Android N, together with multi-window mode and direct answer notifications
Great layout is likely one of the key drivers within the adoption of latest functions, but regrettably layout concerns are usually ignored within the face of “will it work,” “can we make it quicker,” or “can we get extra humans utilizing it”?
This booklet seeks to redress this stability by means of displaying you the way to get your PM to begin treating the layout section of your undertaking heavily. This ebook is concentrated fullyyt at the improvement of UI gains, and you will be capable of virtually imposing the layout practices that we extol through the book.
Starting through in brief outlining the various elements you want to take into account while construction a UI, you will examine the thoughts of Android person Interface from scratch. We then movement directly to formulate a plan on find out how to enforce those recommendations in a number of functions. we'll deep dive into how UI gains are applied in real-world purposes the place UIs are complicated and dynamic.
This e-book deals close to whole assurance of UI-specific content material together with, perspectives, fragments, the wireframing strategy, and the way so as to add in splash screens—everything you must make specialist commonplace UIs for contemporary functions. it's going to then hide fabric layout and help you enforce Google's layout aesthetic in a pragmatic demeanour. ultimately, it guarantees the very best person event by means of reading the UI utilizing numerous instruments, after which addressing any difficulties they uncover.
By the top of the ebook, one can leverage the innovations of Android consumer Interface on your functions that allows you to allure new customers.
Style and strategy
This e-book follows a complete procedure that makes a speciality of the techniques of UI from scratch. The ebook ends with instructing Android builders on easy methods to optimize their UI, top practices and securing applications.
Read or Download Android UI Design PDF
Best application development books
Multitouch-Interfaces und instrumentengestützte Eingabetechniken bestimmen inzwischen den Umgang mit digitalen Geräten. Interaktion zwischen Mensch und Technik wird in dem Buch als ein Wechselspiel von Gesten und Mimik betrachtet – auch seitens des platforms. Der Autor hat Sequenz- und Interaktionsdiagramme entwickelt, anhand derer dressmaker und Entwickler lernen können, wie sich Gesten von den funktionalen Anforderungen her definieren und mit einem stimmigen Systemfeedback koppeln lassen, um ein positives Nutzererlebnis zu schaffen.
Research most sensible practices to successfully construct scalable, trustworthy, and maintainable excessive functionality RESTful servicesAbout This BookLearn how you can construct RESTful companies with JAX-RS 2. 0Efficiently use the suggestions defined to construct trustworthy and hugely on hand purposes in accordance with RESTCompare relaxation API from Twitter, GitHub, fb and others in a conversational and easy-to-follow styleWho This e-book Is ForThis ebook is aimed toward amateur builders who are looking to achieve insights into development RESTful prone and enhance productiveness, in addition to for complex builders who are looking to delve into extra advanced subject matters.
Boost production-ready purposes for iOS and Android utilizing XamarinAbout This BookWrite local iOS and Android purposes with Xamarin. iOS and Xamarin. Android respectivelyLearn suggestions that let you percentage code among iOS and AndroidDesign person interfaces that may be shared throughout Android, iOS, and home windows cellphone utilizing Xamarin.
Gradle is an open resource construct automation approach that introduces a Groovy-based domain-specific language (DSL) to configure tasks. utilizing Gradle makes it effortless for Android builders to control dependencies and manage the full construct strategy. This e-book starts through taking you thru the fundamentals of Gradle and the way it really works with Android Studio.
- Gamification with Moodle
- Instant Vert.x
- NGINX High Performance
- Foundation HTML5 Canvas: For Games and Entertainment
- C++ Application Development with Code::Blocks
Additional resources for Android UI Design
Android UI Design by Jessica Thornsby
- Android Application Development with Maven - download pdf or read online
- Download e-book for kindle: Pro Website Development and Operations: Streamlining DevOps by Matthew Sacks